miercuri, 8 octombrie 2008

Great Vacation Places In Africa

An Africa vacation is one every one should undertake during their lifetime. When you think of Africa, I am sure it's with a sense of trepidation and adventure and maybe your heart starts to beat a little faster.

There are many countries in Africa that I'd like to visit but my favorite would be Kenya. An Africa vacation with so many opportunities to see wildlife would be terrific. The heart of Africa is in the Bush. I would love to go on safari on an Africa vacation and there are several companies specializing in Kenyan safaris of different types.

The one we're most familiar with is the vehicle game safari, where you are taken by Land Rover thru the game areas. If you prefer something more sedate, there are walking safaris. Air safaris are another choice, which offer spectacular aerial views of the scenery and the movement of game.

The main reason to visit Africa for me would be to get as close to the animals as possible. I'd make sure I was fully capable of shooting some good video footage of my Africa vacation too, to back up the stories I'd tell when I got home!

There are companies which offer accommodation in lodges and tents right in the midst of the Bush. They're much more comfortable than they sound and I'd prefer that to some impersonal hotel chain or gated apartment complex.

The lodges and tent camps are staffed with cooks, so you have excellent food and you get to meet the African people. A lot of them are on the riverside, and you'd probably get to see hippos and crocodiles. There are game drives organized from the sites but you don't have to leave the site to see animals.

Many of them are unfenced, so animals just wander in and out. There's the chance to see leopards, chimpanzees, elephants and lions. Some of the nearby waterholes are lit up at night, and you can see animals even then.

The food is more likely to be local dishes than the food in hotels which caters for the European tourist. I'd like to try the national dish of Kenya. An Africa vacation wouldn't be complete without Barbecued Goat and vegetables.

Sometimes it's made with antelope or zebra. There's a strange local drink which the Maasai tribe likes, to wash it down but I don't think I'd be brave enough to sample it. It's called Mursik and it's made from fermented milk, ash and cow's urine!

Some of the lodges are based on African traditional tribal huts or are houses built on stilts. Facilities may include en suite bathroom and a mini bar. There are organized activities such as nature talks and hot air balloon trips with champagne breakfast. You can go horse riding or bird watching.

Another fantastic Africa vacation opportunity would be a camel ride. There are some golf courses and scuba diving schools. My favorite location for an Africa vacation would be in the lodge complex which sits in the forest on the slopes of Mount Kenya.

As you can see although I am going to go to Africa, I am sticking to more of a tourist Africa vacation. Of course you could choose a more adventurous explorer version if your heart and mind could handle it, either way I know it's gonna be great!

Niciun comentariu: